Interested in Wholesale Purchase of SPORTS EQUIPMENT?
» Send Your Purchase Requirements Here.
» Receive QUOTES from Suppliers/Manufacturers for FREE.
» Avail an extensive range of Sporting Goods & Equipments.
are one of the essential piece of surfing equipment. They are long, buoyant decks used for surfing on sea, river, or lake water. They are light weight and strong enough to sustain the weight of one person.
Surfboards were originally made of wood or balsa. They were 15m long and extremely heavy. The construction and design has come a long way since that. Surfboards used at present are made of polystyrene or polyurethane. They are also shaped out of foam finished with fiberglass coat and polyester or epoxy resin. Hollow carbon fiber or aluminum is also used for some special light weight surfboards.
Surfing Equipment: Surfing Board | Surfing Fins
Modern Classification of Surfboards
Basically there are four types of surfboard design:
- Thruster: The most famous type of
surfboard, also known as shortboard. It is mostly used for quick maneuvering on waves. The size is from 5'8'' to 6'10''.
- Malibu: In Malibu the nose is rounded. It is also known as longboard. The range of size is 7'2'' to 9'0''. Usually it has a single fin but it can have any number of fins as there is no limitation on it.
- Fish: It is very similar to shortboard though smaller in length. Slightly increment in its width is to makeup the length. The size range is between 4'8'' to 6'0''.
- Gun: It is bigger form of shortboard, used in big wave arena. Its size is from 7'2'' to 12'.
For The Beginner:
- If you are a beginner then Malibu is the best choice for
you. Because, they are bigger and thicker which help easy
catching with waves and also they are more stable to stand upon.
The ideal board would be of foam (called Foamies) and it should
be around 9 feet long.
- Another good option for beginners is pop-out, mainly made of
foam covered with thick layer of fiberglass. It is an
inexpensive substitute to fiberglass surfboard. They are almost
indestructible. It is a very good choice for starters as they
float really well.
How to Buy Lawn Tennis Rackets?
11 Oct, 2011-Whether you are a novice lawn tennis player who is just beginning to learn or an advanced player who had spent quite a time in playing tennis, you might still be looking for some useful tips on how to buy lawn tennis rackets! This lawn tennis racquets guide is for everyone who want to...
Zoom Kobe VI Christmas VS Lebron 8 Christmas Basketball Shoes
27 Jan, 2011-When God created the world to arrange all things are all interested in allelopathy between heaven and hell as the opposition, black and white contrast, in the same way of reasoning,...
How to Buy Volleyball Shoes? - Best Volleyball Shoe Brands
18 Jan, 2011-The feel of wearing comfy and trendy volleyball shoes further intensify the playing spirit. Although style is very important but comfort should be the chief feature of the volleyball shoes that should never be neglected. ...